TITLE: Administrative AssistantSTATUS: NON-EXEMPT; PART-TIME (20 HOURS PER WEEK)
REPORTS TO: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Other Reports to: Director of Human Resources, Director of Development, Accounting Associate
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our vision is that Every family has a home.
The Administrative Assistant will join one of the largest providers of services for families experiencing homelessness in the Metro Boston Area. Founded in 1988, Hildebrand is an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves 300 homeless families each year, providing shelter, permanent housing, and stabilization programs. Hildebrand operates over 126 units of emergency shelter via scattered sites and congregate living programs in several communities throughout the region; and owns three permanent housing buildings containing 11 units of housing. The organization impacts homelessness through intervention, training and prevention activities that lead to the placement of over 60 families each year into permanent housing.
Reporting to the CFO, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, clerical and IT support to the Finance, Human Resources and Development departments.
- Assisting in preparing invoices for processing including sorting and ensuring that appropriate documentation is present
- Maintains vendor and customer records in Sage
- Assists in preparation of check processing on a weekly basis
- Assists with monthly account analysis
- Assists CFO & Accounting Associate with annual audit including preparation of audit spreadsheets
- Assists in a variety of internal control analysis such as PTO accrual reconciliation, utility usage monitoring, etc.…
CLARICAL, IT, & OTHER SUPPORT
- Assisting in filing for the finance department
- Assists the CFO in maintaining network of approximately thirty computer work stations to ensure their security and optimal performance including troubleshooting, maintenance, and technical support
- Maintains inventory list of all computer hardware and software
- Assist Human Resources and Fund Development through administrative tasks, research and data entry as coordinated by the CFO
- Provides front desk coverage as needed including answer the telephone and greeting & directing visitors
- Perform other duties as requested by the CFO or Accounting Associate
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates degree preferably in accounting. Past experience in equivalent position is preferred. Must be computer proficient.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Sophisticated IT management skills and proficient knowledge of Excel, Access, Power Point, Word and accounting software.
- Ability to create and foster a healthy and positive work environment
- Extremely organized and structured with excellent command of details
- Ability to travel to off-site locations
- Ability to work independently
- An understanding of and empathy for those currently experiencing homelessness
- One to three years’ experience in general office duties
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds is critical. Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as clients and tenants.
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organization skills
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to ambulate stairs unassisted
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This is a part-time position requiring 20 hours per week; flexibility is required to accommodate workshop implementation outside of typical business hours.
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, a CORI check is required.
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, there is a 90-Day evaluation period.
- A competitive salary and benefits are offered.
- Job description subject to change for organizational development or personal growth purposes.