TITLE: Administrative CoordinatorSTATUS: NON-EXEMPT; FULL-TIME
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our vision is that Every family has a home.
The Administrative Coordinator will join one of the largest providers of services for families experiencing homelessness in the Metro Boston Area. Founded in 1988, Hildebrand is an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves 300 homeless families each year, providing shelter, permanent housing, and stabilization programs. Hildebrand operates over 126 units of emergency shelter via scattered sites and congregate living programs in several communities throughout the region; and owns three permanent housing buildings containing 11 units of housing. The organization impacts homelessness through intervention, training and prevention activities that lead to the placement of over 60 families each year into permanent housing.
The Administrative Coordinator will support the facilities/operations team by completing all clerical and administrative functions necessary for operating and reporting to ensure a successful maintenance delivery system and other functions of the Operations, Facilities, and Finance Department.
- Receive, process and triage all work orders including emergency and routine requests pertaining to congregates, scattered sites, and administrative offices.
- Coordinate client move-ins, and move-outs with the Programs Department.
- Receive and place phone calls and emails associated with the work-order system and the maintenance delivery system.
- Complete written work-orders forms and exercise a level of independent judgment on urgent facility requests, i.e. lock change requests, broken windows, etc., calls the maintenance team as necessary.
- Track, enter, and update all data in computerized work order logs; including monthly logs, extermination logs, and call-back/follow-up logs on a daily basis to ensure work-order completion and client satisfaction.
- Maintain communication with all departments on work-orders and update staff on work-orders that need immediate attention.
- Make follow-up phone calls to clients, houses, building owners, landlords and management companies for work order completion.
- Follow up with the maintenance staff on work-orders that are due within the respective time frame for completion as well as work-orders that are overdue.
- File completed work-orders in respective files.
- Complete other miscellaneous functions and duties to assist with the operations of the Facilities department.
- Perform entry level accounts payable tasks.
- Data entry of utility bills.
- Sorting, distributing, and mailing checks.
- Assist in a variety of internal control analysis such as PTO accrual reconciliation, utility usage monitoring, etc.
- Coordinate off site pick up and storage with Iron Mountain.
- Provide front desk coverage to the receptionist as needed.
- Monitor and restock printer/copy paper and supplies as needed.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years working in an office setting performing data entry and providing customer service.
- Skilled in the use of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Self-motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Comfortable interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as clients and tenants.
- Ability to successfully manage several projects simultaneously. Must also be a strategic thinker and problem solver.
- Experience working under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and make sound decisions.
- Experience using discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to; sit, use hands, talk, and hear, stand, walk, bend, and carry/lift up to 50 pounds.
- This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week.
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, a CORI check is required.
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, there is a 90-Day evaluation period.
- A competitive salary and benefits are offered.
- Job description subject to change for organizational development or personal growth purposes.