Founded in 1988, Hildebrand is an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves 300 homeless each year families in
shelter, permanent housing and stabilization programs. Hildebrand operates over 126 units of emergency shelter via scattered
sites and congregate living programs in several communities throughout the region; and owns three permanent housing buildings
containing 11 units of housing. The organization impacts homelessness through prevention, intervention, and training activities
that lead to the placement of over 60 families each year into permanent housing.
The CPO will oversee prevention and intervention programs and activities related to stabilization, services and partnerships that
address budgeting and income; language, education, employment; housing search; health and wellness; and family/community
supports systems. The CPO will report to the Chief Executive Officer, and join a six member senior management team that is
excited about expanding its capacity to address the barriers to ending homelessness. The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will join a
highly collaborative organization, and directly supervise 5 managers that support the primary functions of the department and
direct the services delivered to families, and manage the resources that support them. The CPO evaluates program outcomes, and
expected to have a vision for program development and strategies for reducing barriers to self-sufficiency.
Leadership and Management
• The Chief Program Officer will oversee all direct care staff; attract, retain, train, supervise, coach, and be committed
to the professional development of staff. Hold self and others accountable for high quality work, and achievement
• Sustain organizational culture, uphold its values and draw connections between them and day to day operations
such that employees understand how their work contributes to their advancement. Work with staff across the
organization to ensure high quality project management.
• Create and monitor systems of accountability. Support, evaluate and direct the activities of the department.
• Develop work performance goals related to expected client outcomes for:
• Emergency Shelter
• Stabilization Services
• Client Education & Training
• Conceptualize new approaches to service delivery, and share industry best practices with colleagues, and contribute
to program redesign plans as needed.
• Monitor scope of services requirements of DHCD contract, and ensure compliance with targets and expected
• Prepare grant reports (finance and otherwise) for review by CEO or designees so that timely and accurate reporting
• Ensure that all programs have the needed human resources, materials, and facility requirements necessary for
delivering appropriate client services.
• Participate in planning and implementing agency wide initiatives including but not limited to grant writing, special
events, the web site, social media, newsletter, annual report etc.
• Develop and implement procedures for monitoring the quality and quantity of the services being delivered for
adherence to outputs, outcomes, goals, expected standards of care, and to meet grant deliverables.
• Monitor and report monthly on program outcomes. Analyze and modify interventions as necessary to ensure
Hildebrand achieves desired impact on barrier reduction and long term self-sufficiency goals.
• Build external relationships, collaborations and partnerships with other organizations in order to broaden services
• Manage relationships with key funders and partner organizations. Suggest targets of new relationships to CEO.
• Support the fund development efforts through site visits, program presentations, events, participation in grant
• Develop and implement policies that ensure clients receive services as defined by the scope of services to be
delivered in government contracts and other grants, and as otherwise required by the organization.
• Develop and monitor the program budget. Monitor budget, and program expenditures.
• Meet regularly with CFO and CEO to review contract expenditures and ensure appropriate allocation of resources.
• Provide information to the finance department that is necessary for ensuring timely billing of all contracts and
interactions with contractors.
The Chief Program Officer will encompass the following requirements:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Health, Social Work, Human Services Management, or related field,
additional credentials a plus (e.g. LICSW, Ph.D.)
• 8-10 year’s progressive management experience in a non-profit service environment.
• Analytical, with demonstrated experience in program evaluation and application of outcome measurements, and
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with experience with building programs and collaborations. Prefer experience in the creation,
implementation, evaluation, and management of programs for underserved communities.
• Innovative and creative.
• Practical knowledge of the effects of trauma, social injustice and persistent poverty and enjoys building programs
that help individuals and/or families gain pathways out. Understanding of homelessness and housing systems a plus.
• Player/coach, effective at delegation, and holding self and others accountable.
• Must be organized and have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Ability to persuade others.
• Ability to create and implement systems throughout the service delivery system and multiple locations.
• Experience with government contracts, contract management and compliance
• Ability to motivate and build relationships and partnerships at all levels, both internal and external.
• Must be a proven strategic thinker, problem solver, and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Experience working with a wide range of people from diverse ethnic, social and cultural backgrounds.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to function as an effective change agent, bringing people along to create organizational improvement
• Adept at conceptualizing and creating processes and procedures for prioritizing and evaluating options in services
• Ability to find common ground and craft creative solutions when negotiating with partners, contractors and
To Apply: Hildebrand has retained CliftonLarsonAllen to spearhead our search efforts.
Hildebrand is an Equal Opportunity employer
Hildebrand is an Equal Opportunity employer