Support our mission to provide stability and hope for families in need. Donations can be submitted online or via check.
Host a Party
Host a party with friends, family members and colleagues to support our Hildebrand families. As a group you are able to make a massive impact, whether it be a gift to the overall program mission or a donor advised fund. House parties are really successful around the holidays and birthday celebrations. Contact us to help you plan!
Organize a Drive
Throughout the year there are many in-kind needs that create a hardship for families. Some items that families regularly require are: diapers, unopened baby formula, bottles, wipes, Desitin cream, personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies, new backpacks and school supplies, holiday gifts, etc. For a full list please check our in-kind donations page.
Event Planning & Participation
Assist with event planning and logistics. Use your talents to greet guests at the registration table or assist with projects like clean up and silent auction management.
Become a Board Member
Enhance our leadership team with your special skill set and passion for our mission. Bring your dedication and empathy for family housing family inequality to this innovative non profit organization!
Founded in 1988, Hildebrand is an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves 300 homeless each year families in shelter, permanent housing and stabilization programs. Hildebrand operates over 126 units of emergency shelter via scattered sites and congregate living programs in several communities throughout the region; and owns three permanent housing buildings containing 11 units of housing. The organization impacts homelessness through prevention, intervention, and training activities that lead to the placement of over 60 families each year into permanent housing.
The Executive Assistant & Social Media Administrator is a key role in the organization, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The EA/SMA supports the Board of Directors, as directed by the CEO, and ensures timely and effective communication with key supporters,staff members, collaborators/partners and community and government entities. The EA/SMA also performs essential tasks that contribute to the day to day operations of Hildebrand. The EA/SMA balances complex, multi-dimensional and varied projects that require an eye for detail, persistence and ability to follow through. The EA/SMA will drive social media and website interaction, but must also engage in on-site contact with all levels of organization.
This role requires a high level of tact, good judgment and diplomacy; an incisive professional that displays humbleness in all interactions.
Executive Support to the CEO; 70%
• Manage both paper and electronic systems that support the CEO and promote the efficient operation of the organization. Create
and/or maintain effective systems of communication, filing, contacts, correspondence, record keeping, etc.
• Support CEO in fundraising and meetings with stakeholders. Assist in development related activities to ensure site visits and events
involving CEO are coordinated internally; meetings and or visitors received and communicated.
• Collaborate with Office Manager; office supplies and equipment, maintain system of order requests, and provide inventory control.
• Assemble Board package materials and distribute prior to meetings. Coordinate communication with the Board and other meetings
of the CEO.
• Manage CEO’s meeting logistics including order and arrangement of food, scheduling, preparing materials, editing PowerPoint
presentations, etc. Schedule travel arrangements, secure meetings details, prepare itineraries, coordinate logistics both in advance
and with last minute day of changes.
• Answer telephone and triage calls as necessary for the CEO, and provide backup for main reception as needed.
• Perform administrative tasks such as mailings, copying, filing, etc. Conduct research on special projects as requested
• Serves as a link between the CEO, vendors, visitors and staff members.
Social Media Administration-30%
• Edit all communication materials before their release. Prepare and/or edit written materials prior to printing or distribution such as
monthly and annual reports, handbooks, policy/procedure manuals, acknowledgement letters to donors, and email
• Partner with vendors to ensure timely and accurate production of materials.
• Maintain master calendar of senior staff and managers, and schedule meetings of the CEO and organization.
• Write content and ensure that the website is kept up to date by making regular changes as needed.
• Serve as the primary Hildebrand supporter of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, blogs as developed).
The Executive Assistant & Social Media Administrator will encompass the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; 3-5 years professional experience supporting an organizational leader.
• High energy, poised, displays tact and good judgment with highly confidential information and documents.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written. Ability to create correspondence, independently.
• Proven ability to oversee social media platforms; Proficient in Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, MAC. Donor Perfect or similar
database. Ease of use on social media platforms.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse staff.
• Attention to detail and time management skills are key. Conceptual thinker with creative instincts.
• Flexibility and adaptability. Ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs.
• Self-starter, ability to work as a member of a team while maintaining independent discipline.
• Passion for the work of Hildebrand.
Hildebrand is an Equal Opportunity employer