Hildebrand is a referral only shelter organization, which means families are referred to us through the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD), the state agency that manages the Emergency Assistance shelter program. To receive emergency assistance from DHCD, you must qualify to be eligible. Please see the Federal Poverty Guidelines and DHCD's Housing Stabilization Notice to see if you qualify.
For more information, please contact the Division of Housing Stabilization at 617-573-1370, or call toll free at 977-418-3308.
Victims of Domestic Violence
Food Assistance Housing
Food pantries: The Greater Boston Food Bank, Department of Housing & Urban Development,
Bread of Life, Project Bread MassHousing,
Search for food pantries near you Massachusetts Department of Housing
and Community Development
Food stamp applications:
Massachusetts Department of Transitional Assistance
Energy Assistance Career Services
Heat assistance: Citizens Energy Career Center: Labor and Workforce Development
Fuel assistance and other utilities: Job search: Career Collaborative
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Arrearage Management Programs (AMPs);
or contact your local utility provider
Child Care Domestic Violence
Resources and referral agencies: Statewide domestic violence line through
Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care Casa Myrna Vasquez (877) 785-2020
Child care: Horizons for Homeless Children
- Community Action Agencies (CAA) CAA may provide a variety of programs including, but not limited to fuel assistance, Head Start, and housing services.
- The United Way’s Mass 2-1-1 connects you to a variety of resources and referrals for low-income families in crisis.
- MassResources.org provides information on a variety of services available to low-income families in crisis.
- Mass Coalition for the Homeless provides information on a variety of services available to low-income families in crisis.
- Catholic Charities provides a wide variety of services to help those in need.
- Tailored for Success collects and offers career clothing for low-income adults.
- Furnishing Hope of Massachusetts provides furniture for families transitioning out of homelessness.
- Eliot Community Human Services offers counseling and crisis evaluation services.