Hildebrand is still here and doing even more for families experiencing homelessness. Hildebrand continues to provide 24 hour support to 135 families in emergency shelter. To ensure compliance with the stay at home advisory, families need food, medicine, school supplies, toys, cleaning supplies and more to help them stay well and inside during this crisis. Parents and children are regularly screened for signs and symptoms, families have an emergency plan In place. Hildebrand has also set aside units should quarantine be needed, and is coordinating with government agencies and local nonprofit partners on preparedness and response efforts, and we need your help in this fight as well.
COVID-19: Public ResourcesMassachusetts-based resources for mentors, participants, and the general public. This page will be continually updated.
Massachusetts residents can call Mass 2-1-1Massachusetts residents can call Mass 2-1-1 to learn more about: COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and treatment; information about testing; and guidance for people planning or returning from travel. Massachusetts 2-1-1 is open to callers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Operators fluent in Spanish are available, and more than 150 other languages are supported through an interpreter services line. Residents with questions can dial 2-1-1 from any landline or cellphone, or use the live chat option on the Mass 2-1-1 website.
Learning Resources for students and families
Buoy Health, Coronavirus prevention & treatment for Massachusetts Residents
Symptoms, Coronavirus Self-Checker, and Testing
Emergency Planning Form For Families
Department of Public Health COVID-19 Resources and Updates
Coping with Stress and Fear from COVID-19
Project Bread Food Resources and Information
Find Food Pantries and Community Meal Programs
Founded in 1988, Hildebrand is an independent 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization that serves 300 homeless each year families in shelter, permanent housing and stabilization programs. Hildebrand operates over 126 units of emergency shelter via scattered sites and congregate living programs in several communities throughout the region; and owns three permanent housing buildings containing 11 units of housing. The organization impacts homelessness through prevention, intervention, and training activities that lead to the placement of over 60 families each year into permanent housing.
The Executive Assistant & Social Media Administrator is a key role in the organization, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The EA/SMA supports the Board of Directors, as directed by the CEO, and ensures timely and effective communication with key supporters,staff members, collaborators/partners and community and government entities. The EA/SMA also performs essential tasks that contribute to the day to day operations of Hildebrand. The EA/SMA balances complex, multi-dimensional and varied projects that require an eye for detail, persistence and ability to follow through. The EA/SMA will drive social media and website interaction, but must also engage in on-site contact with all levels of organization.
This role requires a high level of tact, good judgment and diplomacy; an incisive professional that displays humbleness in all interactions.
Executive Support to the CEO; 70%
• Manage both paper and electronic systems that support the CEO and promote the efficient operation of the organization. Create
and/or maintain effective systems of communication, filing, contacts, correspondence, record keeping, etc.
• Support CEO in fundraising and meetings with stakeholders. Assist in development related activities to ensure site visits and events
involving CEO are coordinated internally; meetings and or visitors received and communicated.
• Collaborate with Office Manager; office supplies and equipment, maintain system of order requests, and provide inventory control.
• Assemble Board package materials and distribute prior to meetings. Coordinate communication with the Board and other meetings
of the CEO.
• Manage CEO’s meeting logistics including order and arrangement of food, scheduling, preparing materials, editing PowerPoint
presentations, etc. Schedule travel arrangements, secure meetings details, prepare itineraries, coordinate logistics both in advance
and with last minute day of changes.
• Answer telephone and triage calls as necessary for the CEO, and provide backup for main reception as needed.
• Perform administrative tasks such as mailings, copying, filing, etc. Conduct research on special projects as requested
• Serves as a link between the CEO, vendors, visitors and staff members.
Social Media Administration-30%
• Edit all communication materials before their release. Prepare and/or edit written materials prior to printing or distribution such as
monthly and annual reports, handbooks, policy/procedure manuals, acknowledgement letters to donors, and email
• Partner with vendors to ensure timely and accurate production of materials.
• Maintain master calendar of senior staff and managers, and schedule meetings of the CEO and organization.
• Write content and ensure that the website is kept up to date by making regular changes as needed.
• Serve as the primary Hildebrand supporter of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Constant Contact, blogs as developed).
The Executive Assistant & Social Media Administrator will encompass the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree required; 3-5 years professional experience supporting an organizational leader.
• High energy, poised, displays tact and good judgment with highly confidential information and documents.
• Excellent communication skills; verbal and written. Ability to create correspondence, independently.
• Proven ability to oversee social media platforms; Proficient in Microsoft Windows, PowerPoint, Excel, MAC. Donor Perfect or similar
database. Ease of use on social media platforms.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse staff.
• Attention to detail and time management skills are key. Conceptual thinker with creative instincts.
• Flexibility and adaptability. Ability to react positively and quickly to last minute changes in logistics or needs.
• Self-starter, ability to work as a member of a team while maintaining independent discipline.
• Passion for the work of Hildebrand.
Hildebrand is an Equal Opportunity employer
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!
On Wednesday, October 10, 2018 we celebrated our 30th anniversary of housing homeless families in Metro Boston
Where we honored our founder Reverend Dr. LeRoy Attles formerly of Saint Paul AME Church
at the historic Cambridge MultiCultural Arts Center
We had live music, delicious hors d’oeuvres, dancing and more to help us celebrate the long support of our fantastic neighbors and friends, the beautiful strength of our diversity, the journey of our families and the many miles we still have to travel until we satisfy our vision: that every family has a home.
Check out some of our pictures on Facebook.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS
| Clifford and Kym Long |
Anonymous | Massachusetts Institute of Technology | Leonard, Mulherin & Greene | Galluccio & Watson, LLP | The James K. Spriggs Foundation | CARU Associates | Middle East Restaurant, Inc. | Omega Psi Phi | The Schechter Foundation