TITLE: Stabilization and Housing Services ManagerSTATUS: FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Direct Reports: Case Managers
The Stabilization and Housing Services Manager is responsible for supervising and managing Hildebrand’s Stabilization Team. The Stabilization and Housing Services Manager supervises a team of stabilization Case Managers who work an individualized basis with families to help them sustain permanent housing and achieve upward economic mobility. The primary goal of the Stabilization program is to connect families with resources which increase income and mainstream benefits, and increase long term stability in housing. The Stabilization and Housing Services Manager will also develop and lead education groups to help clients learn skills that increase financial literacy and money management, and provide the skill and motivation to be good neighbors and tenants. The incumbent will facilitate on-going communication between families, housing authorities, landlords and community programs and partners.
- Direct all aspects of the Stabilization Program, including its staff, services, records, contract requirements and required data entry. Hire, train, and supervise each stabilization staff member, and develop and lead the staff team.
- Utilizing housing stability planning carry a small caseload assisting program participants to sustain permanent housing.
- Serve as the liaison between Hildebrand and partner organizations, including coordination of hiring efforts, on-going communication regarding program activities and required reporting.
- Serve as a liaison with local housing authorities in order to coordinate housing search activities for families with shallow subsidies
- Manage development of client workshop and training series.
- Successfully connect clients to benefits, resources, supports and jobs which will build income and assists which sustain housing.
- Maintain individuals’ records, including database files, incident reports and daily and weekly service records and progress notes.
- Attend community meetings to advocate on behalf of clients and the agency as needed.
- Manage activities to improve access to housing options, such as landlord outreach efforts, client resources, and the like.
- Assist with organizations long-term planning and development of programs.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience in a direct social service setting.
- Undergraduate degree, certification, training, or formal education in counseling and case management.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a management team: strong leadership skills, flexibility, ability to work collaboratively with others, good follow-through.
- Prior experience with Efforts to Outcomes and/or HUD's Homeless Information Management System (HMIS) strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of homelessness and housing issues
- Strong advocacy skills and dedication to helping homeless people move beyond shelter.
- Bilingual, with an emphasis in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Training in Trauma Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing
- Extensive experience with case management, housing placement, and landlord engagement
- Knowledge of tenant rights, and responsibilities as well as “Strengths based” Case Management
- Ability to respond safely and quickly in case of emergency situations
- Although not routine or often, expected to be available evenings or and weekends to support the needs of staff and families.
- Ability to lift 40lbs and climb stairs without aid
- This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week and occasional on-call support during times of crisis or natural disasters.
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, a CORI check is required
- As with all Hildebrand staff positions, there is a 90-Day evaluation period.
- A competitive salary and benefits are offered
- Job description subject to change for organizational development or personal growth