For more than 30 years, Hildebrand has been solely focused on housing families experiencing homelessness throughout greater Boston. Over that time, we’ve established a strong reputation for reliability and consistency based on our proven theory of change, while remaining flexible to meet the changing needs of our communities. What sets us apart is the lengths we go to in getting to know our family members and their goals as they work to achieve self-sufficiency.
We are seeking a Bilingual Spanish Case Manager to join our team.
The Case Manager provides intensive case management services for families enrolled in the Hildebrand’s Housing Program, with an emphasis on intensive housing search and Stabilization when permanent housing is found. The Case Manager works directly with families entering shelter and transitioning to permanent housing, to provide support and assistance towards the goal of retaining affordable housing and increased family self-sufficiency.
We are looking for people to partner with us to achieve our goal of disrupting the cycle of homelessness for greater Boston families.
What You Will Do:
- Conduct the initial placement and intake interview of referred families. Gather all necessary pre-placement follow-up to include documentation.
- Assess immediate needs and provide an orientation to the facility and/or neighborhood as applicable.
- Work with other designated staff to implement a program of life skills through group workshops, individualized programs and support groups as needed to assist the family with self-sufficiency.
- Provide intensive housing case management services to assigned families by conducting face-to-face meetings and in-home visits.
- Conduct unit inspections each month as assigned.
- Provide resources and appropriate referrals to meet the material and basic needs of the family in support of their housing and other areas of need.
- Work with the family to develop an individualized family self-sufficiency plan (SSP). Advocate for or assist the client in obtaining services.
- Attend staff meetings, regular case review meetings, specialized training as offered and other related meetings and seminars.
- Participate in the on-call rotation.
What You Will Need to Bring:
- Education – A. Degree minimum in Social Services or related field. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience – 3 to 4 years of experience in case management, housing search or related work with homeless or low-income families. Detailed understanding of Massachusetts benefit programs, state and federally funded housing programs, private housing developments and the social service network. Residential program experience is a plus.
- Skills – Ability to work effectively with individuals from a wide range of ethnic and social backgrounds is critical. Must be computer literate, familiar with MS Word and competent to utilize a variety of software programs necessary for reporting requirements. Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Ability to ambulate stairs unassisted to conduct home visits.
- Language – Bilingual in Spanish.
- Use of a personal vehicle or ability to efficiently utilize public transportation for home visiting is required.
Hildebrand Family Self-Help Center, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer